We have received such fantastic images and great feedback from our second PIMP competition last year, we’ve decided to do it all again this year! We invite you to submit your best shots to PiMP 2016.
The rules remain the same: all Medical Physicists are invited to submit up to 5 photos per person to the 2016 “Photography in Medical Physics” (PIMP) competition. The goal is to celebrate our exciting profession and to show off visually stimulating aspects of the work of a Medical Physicist.
The competition will again run in three categories:
P – Professionals at work
O – Other exciting aspects of Medical Physics
M – Macro: Get up close and personal with Medical Physics
Images will be judged by a jury of professionals from Medical Physics and Photography. Criteria are visual impact, storytelling aspects, and technical quality. The top three images in each category will be awarded prizes and the highly coveted “PIMP award”. We will also again have the public’s choice prize, the “Public PIMP award”, as voted on by members of the Australasian College of Physical Scientists & Engineers in Medicine (ACPSEM).
The images will be shown at the EPSM 2016 in Sydney. Selected images will be published on the ACPSEM website and in the Newsletter, on our website (www.PhotographyInMedicalPhysics.com), related social media (www.facebook.com/go4PiMP) and other publications.
Terms and Conditions
- Deadline for submissions is 31 July 2016 17:00 AEST
- Images must be photographs. Small image corrections and modifications in image editing software are allowed, but the impact of the image needs to arise from the photo and not from post processing.
- Image submission is digital via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: “Image submission”. Attach all images to one email. You will receive a confirmation email within 3 business days.
- Image size: largest dimension: 2000 pixels, colour space: sRGB
- The submitted image file name should contain the name of the photographer, the category (P, O, or M) and the name of the image separated by spaces, e.g.: “BobHasselblad P JoysOfMonthlyQA.
- Submission is open to any practicing or aspiring Medical Physicist irrespective of the field of work or employeer.
- Each person may submit up to five images in total and specify a category for each image in the file name as described above (otherwise we will assign one).
- Copyright for all submitted images remains with you, the photographer. By submitting an image you grant the organisers and ACPSEM a non-exclusive license to publicly show your image(s) (printed or in electronic form) to promote ACPSEM and this and future competitions. Image credit will be given.
- By submitting an image you affirm that any people shown in the image have agreed to be there and are ok with the image being shown publicly and possibly being printed. You further affirm that your image does not violate any copyrights.
- Equipment can and likely will be visible in many images. We ask that all vendor identifiable equipment is treated with respect (we love our vendors!). We also ask that the display of vendor names and logos in the images is kept to a minimum.
- The organisers reserve the right to exclude any submission that they deem non-suitable.
The competition is again organized by Joerg Lehmann, May Whitaker and Alannah Kejda as a social activity of the NSW/ACT branch of the ACPSEM. It is kindly supported by sponsorship from the Gamma Gurus.
We very much look forward to your entries!
Joerg, May and Alannah