PiMP is going on its fifth year! Let’s make it better than ever! As always, the goal is to celebrate our exciting profession and to show off visually stimulating aspects of the work of a Medical Physicist.
Categories for 2018
T – Technical / Technology. This category is for images that display beauty in the technical aspects of our field, as well as for those using photographic techniques such as long exposures.
P – Professionals at work. This category is for sharing people focused other, (fun) parts of the job, think of the 2016 People’s choice award winner ‘LinacBoat’.
Images will be judged by a jury of professionals from Medical Physics and Photography. The criteria are visual impact, storytelling aspects, and technical quality. The top three images in each category will be honoured with the winners receiving the highly coveted “PIMP awards”. We will also again have the public’s choice prize, the “Public PIMP award”, as voted on by members and staff of the Australasian College of Physical Scientists & Engineers in Medicine (ACPSEM).
Image Display and Auction
The images will be shown at the Engineering and Physical Sciences in Medicine Conference, EPSM 2018 in Adelaide. Selected images will be published on the ACPSEM website, its newsletter, on this website, related social media (www.facebook.com/go4PiMP) and other publications. Last year selected images were auctioned off, with all proceeds donated to the Asia Pacific Special Interest Group (APSIG) benefiting the advancement of medical physics and engineering, especially in developing countries in the Asia-Pacific region. We plan to also have an auction benefiting the foundation again this year. If you prefer not to have your image in the auction, please indicate this at submission. This will not impact your chances of winning.
Terms and Conditions
– Deadline for submissions is 31 July 2018 17:00 AEST
– Images must be photographs; this includes those taken with camera phones.
– For all images, small image corrections and modifications in image editing software are allowed, but the impact of the image needs to arise from the initial capture and not from a post processing effect.
– Image submission is digital via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: “Image submission”. Attach all images to one email. You will receive a confirmation email within 3 business days.
– Image size: largest dimension: 2000 pixels, colour space: sRGB
– The submitted image file name should contain the name of the photographer, the category (P or T) and the name of the image separated by spaces, e.g.: “PeterCanon T LinacMania.jpg”
– Submission is open to any practicing or aspiring Medical Physicist
– Each person may submit up to five images in total and specify a category for each image in the file name as described above (otherwise we will assign one).
– Copyright for all submitted images remains with you, the photographer. By submitting an image you grant the organisers and ACPSEM a non-exclusive license to publicly show your image(s) (printed or in electronic form) to promote ACPSEM and this and future competitions. Image credit will be given. Unless informing us of the contrary when submitting your image, you also agree for your images to be included in an auction benefiting APSIG.
– By submitting an image you affirm that any people shown in the image have agreed to be there and are ok with the image being shown publicly and possibly being printed/sold. You further affirm that your image does not violate any copyright laws.
– Equipment can and likely will be visible in many images. We ask that all vendor identifiable equipment is treated with respect (we love our vendors!). We also ask that the display of vendor names and logos in the images is kept to a minimum.
– The organisers reserve the right to exclude any submission that they deem non-suitable
Start now and submit early!
The competition is organized by Joerg Lehmann and Alannah Kejda as a social activity of the NSW/ACT branch of the ACPSEM. It is kindly supported by sponsorship from the Gamma Gurus.
We very much look forward to your entries!
Joerg and Alannah